Monday, April 27, 2009

Week Three

Today I got to take some pictures of my oldest daughter.  Kyrie you Rock!  Thanks Alexis for the textures.










I am still new to all of this stuff.  I was practicing on my teddy.  He was such a good subject.  I  had many pictures that did not turn out so good.  I thought this one turned out pretty good.  The camera was set on AV mode.  White balance was set on tungusten. f/4.0, ss1/30, iso400.  I did use a tripod on this shot.
This is a picture of my daughter.  She ran in the Providence fun run on Saturday.  She took 3rd place for the mile. Pretty good for no training at all. Her time was 6:47.2 This was taken in sports mode. f/4.0,ss1/320,iso400.
This picture was taken in Aperture-Priority mode.  The Aperture was set at 36.  My cat moved before the shutter closed, but I do like the effect that this caused.
This picture was taken in Aperture-Priority mode.  The Aperture was set at 5.6.  ss 1/30, iso 400.

2 comments:

  1. I love the one were the cat moved and you have a shadow look of him. Very cool. I love Cats too!!
    Congrats to your daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The first series is great - that's awesome that your daughter was willing to model for you! I love the close-up of the guitar especially. Great use of depth of field. The teddy bear is good, and great capture on the picture with your daughter running. The photos of your cat are fun, too! I love the whiskers on the last one.

    Critique: When you're photographing people, pay close attention to where you're cropping. Avoid cropping out hands and limbs at joints. Also, I would love to see a picture of your cat on a dark background, so that the whiskers on both sides of his face are clearly visible. Great work!

    ReplyDelete